Sunday, October 09, 2011

Time for a Change

Since it was General Conference last weekend I had given my Sunday School class another challenge. Instead of reporting back the talks that they loved and getting a treat, we'd have an appetizer "lunch" and a round table discussion about all the talks.


However, I received a new calling today and today (fast Sunday) would be my last time teaching.


Since I knew a week in advance about my calling I made the class treats instead: Rice Krispie Owls. I also included a paper scroll which had the Prophet and apostles messages from conference written on it. I was trying to imitate the Harry Potter Owls who bring important messages. They all got it:) My sister also gave me a great idea to attached to the owls but I couldn't get myself to write it. It said, "It was a HOOT being your teacher but always remember WHO you are!" If I taught only YW, I would have done it but with 16 years boys in there too, I decided to keep it to Harry Potter wise owl message scroll theme.





Parker and Hannah were so surprised I had made a special owl for them too when they got home from church. Parker wasted no time and chopped his owl down. Hannah is still nibbling on hers.


Oh and my new calling is Nursery Leader. Wish me luck. If you've served in nursery, please give me some tips because I'm a little nervous about the whole ordeal!

2 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

How sweet! You are so crafty Emily! You inspire me!

Jenny said...

Oh, how I understand your plight. :) I'm so excited to share ideas! Those owls are so cute!