Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pear Butter

Before I get to the pear butter, I thought I'd post a new hairstyle for Hannah. Now to the pear butter. . .


My ward was offering a great price on a box of pears so I decided to split a box with one of my friends. I soon found out that the pears were ripening much faster than we could eat them. I thought maybe I'd can the pears but that seemed like too much work or maybe dry them but my family isn't really into eating dried fruits. I then looked up pear recipes on www.allrecipes.com and found a delicious recipe for pear butter. The greatest part of the recipe was it was all done in the crockpot! I made 12 little jars. We love spreading it on our PB sandwiches or simply dipping pretzel rods in it. Here's the recipe: (I tweaked it a little to fit our family's taste).


PEAR BUTTER


4 lbs. pears peeled and cubed

2 cups sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon

zest of orange

1/4 cup orange juice

dash of allspice


Place everything in the crockpot and set on low for 8-10 hours. With a slotted spoon, place pear mixture in the blender and blend until smooth. Done!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

The next time we're together, I think you should do Callie's hair and let me watch you. :)