Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween

My Aunt and Uncle are enjoying a time share at Lake Tahoe this week so we invited them over to go to church with us and have a Halloween lunch. We had a spider cheeseball, classic stew, pumpkin dinner rolls and for dessert we dipped apples in caramel and candy with the fondue pot. We had a fun time visiting!
That evening our friends invited us over for cider and pumpkin cupcakes. We decided we'd trick or treat to their door (they live a few blocks away). It was the perfect amount of door to door trick or treating and then ending with friends and nice hot mug of homemade cider!



I think one of the highlights of trick or treating was on our way home. During our trick or treat adventure we were reminding Parker and Hannah to say trick or treat nice and loud and when they got candy to say thank you. Hannah would sometimes forget and then turn around half way down the driveway and yell THANK YOU!

Well on our way home from our friends we went to a few more houses. The first house had large Dracula lady opened the door and we could hear the kids say TRICK OR TREAT. After Hannah got her candy she looked up at Dracula and said, "I-I love you." It totally took the lady back and she said to Hannah,"Oh-I love you too." And then Hannah said, "I mean thank you" and scurried away. Parker, of course, told Hannah once she met up with him, "Hannah, we don't say I love you to people we don't know!" Russ and I thought it was so funny!

2 comments:

The Crisps said...

LOL cracked me up.

Sue Ann Salmon said...

That's so cute, I think all trick-or-treaters should say I love you!