Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday

Russ turned 28 on Tuesday. We celebrated with a delicious BBQ steak, asparagus and mashed potatoes. Russ opened his gifts and then we had strawberry shortcake. (Russ would only give me funny faces when I took his picture thinking I wouldn't post any, but he was wrong.)

I thought it would be a good idea to have sparklers on the cake instead of candles. When I lit the sparkler it caught on fire, sparkled for a little bit and then went up in flames. The other one was a dud until we lit it again and it did the same thing. Ashes went all over the cake, strawberries and whipping cream. Yuck.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Russ.

Bobbi said...

Oh I hope some of the cake was salvaged, it looks delicious! I love the sparklers idea anyway!

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Russ.

Maxwell Family said...

Happy Birthday Russ!!!

Carol said...

Happy birthday to you, You live in a zoo, you look like a monkey and you act like one too! Hee hee. Thanks for being such a great brother in law. I know it is over a week from your actual birthday but you were in my thoughts. Your birthday meal looks delish! See you soon :)