Monday was very busy for us. It was Parker's last day of pre-school and my spring piano recital. I participated in a Joy-school like preschool. Instead of following the Joy-school curriculum we made our own by teaching the alphabet, numbers, vocab words and colors. Parker really had a fun time. (Yes, I took a picture of a picture.)
That night I had my Spring Piano Recital. I have five students now and each played two songs. They all did a great job!
For refreshments, I made ice cream flower pots for the students (my sisters got me hooked on the website pioneer woman-it's under my favorite websites. You'll find the recipe for the flower pots there) and sugar cookies and chocolate cake for everyone else.
It was fun getting together, listening to the recital and visiting with everyone.


5 comments:
wow!! that's just too cool Emily!! Very talented!
That's for a great year in piano. I always enjoy your recitals, you do a great job with the kids. The best part for me is to see the creative dessert sensations!
Thank you
Great job on the desserts!! They look awesome!
What a great piano teacher. You are so creative. Your desserts turned out so good....you are quite creative!
I bet you're such a great piano teacher! You have so much talent. Hey, didn't you have a friend up here at school named Lindy? Did she marry a guy named Bryce Ellsworth? If so, he's from my hometown and I know him really well. It's a small world if she did! Great job with the cute desserts!
Post a Comment