Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Kitchen For Hannah

I've been wanting to buy Hannah a nice play kitchen preferably a wooden one but they are so expensive ($200+).  I bought a small plastic one for her last Christmas but I haven't been impressed.  Well...my very creative friend Donna told me about how you can make a kitchen out of old cabinets.  The search for cabinets on craigslist started.  I found this one for only $15.  

When my parents came to visit in April, my dad transformed the cabinet into this kitchen... (thanks dad!).
Russ then completed the project by painting, adding hardware, and making a faucet.  Thanks Honey!  It's exactly what I was hoping for.



20 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

oh my gosh emily...that is so adorable. Cuter than anything you could buy. Hannah is so so cute. I miss your kids.
love ya

Kim said...

Way cute!! The kitchen and Hannah!! Love you guys!!

cb said...

Awesome! What an amazing kitchen and a way cute cake for such an adorable little girl!!

Bobbi said...

that is so stinkin' cute!! I can't believe the talent people have--you couldn't have found a cuter one!

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is the cutest thing!!! I love it! Your dad and husband are amazing!

The Marlatt's said...

That turned out AWESOME!!!! I want one just like it.. I will have to spruce the girls kitchen up a bit! You guys did such a good job on that.

red patch ♥ family said...

Now that is just awesome! You guys are so creative! Too cool Emily! Happy Birthday to your little girl!!

reed said...

I can't believe how cute that turned out! Who would have thought something so cute could come from some old (not so cute) cabinets! Hannah sure looks cute. I can't believe she is 2 already. Give her a kiss from us! Love, SAra (not reed)

Jen said...

Okay - that is incredible. Russ told me how cool it turned out - but that is even cooler and more cute than I had even imagined! WAY TO GO! And Happy Bday cute little Hannah. We miss you guys!

Jen said...

Awwwww... I just watched the video of Hannah's bday. So super cute! I love the video of her playing with the kitchen - and then her blowing out the candle (multiple times!) She is soooo dang cute! Love her hair, too. And the cake is great too - way to go Emily! :)

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! Oh my goodness! The kitchen turned out absolutely perfect!!! I love it. The cake is adorable. You are so talented, Emily. The video of Hannah repeatedly blowing out her birthday candle is priceless. And I love you two in your matching aprons. What a special day for Hannah. I showed Troy your post and we were talking about how crazy it is to think that that will be Callie in a year. Well, minus the hair, of course.:)

Carol said...

That kitchen is the cutest one I've ever seen! That will last forever. I love the stainless steel look...how modern and how fabulous. So adorable that you and Hannah have matching aprons. Those cupcakes it her kitchen sure look delish!

Carol said...

p.s. I love the slide show of Hannah. She is so adorable. I miss her and can't wait to see her this summer. What a cute birthday girl! Your cupcake birthday cake is very fancy also.

Jaime said...

Emily, you did such a great job with the kitchen. I am very impressed. We hope Hannah had a good birthday. We sure miss you guys a lot. We want to come visit sometime this summer! Would you guys be up for that?

The Crisps said...

No way! that is so cool!!!! I think I need to borrow your Dad and husband....

Maxwell Family said...

That is by far the cutest kitchen I've ever seen! Your talents amaze me...I love the video of Hannah.

Neal and Mary said...

Wow Emily, even though I was there when Russ and dad were working on the kitchen the finished project is amazing. Hannah is so cute stirring up a dish and then putting it in the sink. I too got a kick out of her blowing out the candle with one puff over and over again. Priceless.
Your "Cupcake" cake is so cute.

Alli said...

Amazing job on the kitchen, wow! Summer and I are both jealous. We are still making due with the typical plastic kind! Looks like Hannah had a fun birthday. Her cake was sooo cute!

Sam and Janiece said...

That's so awesome...if I had a little girl, I'd pay your hubbie to make me one!

A Erickson said...

Wow...that is completely awesome! Love it! I think you have a knack!