If you know Parker, you know that his stuffed animals are real. Each one has a name and he takes them along on his adventures. He really loves his dalmation dog name firedog.
Well . . . Thursday night, Russ put Lucy to bed in her crate and usually Lucy is so quiet you almost forget she's in her crate. This night was different. I kept hearing Lucy adjusting in her crate. I didn't really think anything of it until I started to hear her biting on something. I immediately checked her cage and to my surprise saw firedog completely destroyed! Parker must have left firedog in Lucy's crate that day. I hid firedog and planned on buying a new one before Parker found out. In the morning, I found firedogs tail and quickly threw it away. The day went on like normal until Parker threw something away.
PARKER: O my GOSH! What happened to firedog?
Me: I don't know? Why? (little white lie)
PARKER: Because here's his tail and ear. Did Hannah break him?
Me: No, Lucy found firedog in her crate last night.
PARKER: But I really liked firedog.
Me: I know. We'll go today and get another firedog okay.
PARKER: okay
Fortunately, we found another dog just like firedog which Parker loves just as much. WHEW! When we got home, we were sitting down for lunch and Parker turned to Lucy and said, "Lucy, you can't have my new firedog!"
8 comments:
Parker sounds so adorable!
Oh dear. So glad you could find a suitable replacement! How cute of Parker!
How sad! I'm glad you got a replacement and that he was okay with that. I love that you told a little white lie. LOL! I would have done the same thing!
I'm glad he was still friends with Lucy!! You were lucky to find another "Firedog" and that he accepted the new one. whew
Mom
What a story. I can just imagine Parker's face when he found firedog's tail and ear. I do know how he is with his stuffed animals. I love Parker, he has such a cute personality.
Oh, poor Firedog. Parker is quite the trooper. I wonder what Meghan would do if Lamby was dismembered (not that I would plan that or anything). I really love the pictures of Hannah's hair. You are quite talented! Reed makes fun of me, because I can barely manage a braid. Oh well! Wish we could come snow boarding there! Not that I know how, but it sounds fun! Everyone goes skiing here. I just pretend to know what they are talking about.
What a sad story, Parker handled it so maturely.
You are lucky you found a new one just like the old firedog. Thanks so much for the yummy cupcakes!
You are so talented and creative.
Hi Emily! This is Annie (Parker). How are you? I hope you don't mind me stopping by. I found your blog off of Leslie's. That's really cute about Parker's firedog. Feel free to check out my blog if u want. thisisthewaywelive.blogspot
Tell Russ hi from us too!
Post a Comment