Saturday, November 22, 2008

Parker's Birthday Party

We had a birthday party for Parker and had a lot of fun.  We played pin the tail on the Dalmatian dog, rescue animals from the "fire", and hot potato with a Dalmatian dog.  Parker loved all of his presents!  We sang Happy Birthday to him and ate cake.  We then had my neighbor come over and teach the kids about fire safety.  (My neighbors are firefighters).  They even brought a fire truck and let the kids climb in.  Parker thanked all his friends and gave them a firetruck gift bag.    


Pin the Tail on the Dalmatian
Each kid picked out a stuffed animal to rescue.  I then hid the animals and when they heard the music playing they ran through the "flames" to find their animal and then back through the flames to safety.

Parker enjoying his cake!

Hot Potato with a Dalmatian

Teaching the kids how to stop, drop and roll.  The kids sure had funny things to say and ask the firefighter!


Exploring the Truck
Gift bags
Parker and his presents.

9 comments:

nevadavans said...

Great Party!!! Thanks for inviting Nathan and Carly - they had a fabulous time! They loved everything and especially the Firetruck! Happy Birthday Parker!!!

Brooke said...

Holy Cow I cannot believe he is 4 already! Okay so I can believe it but still!

A Erickson said...

What a phenomenal party idea! Love it! You put so much thought into it and it looks like it was wonderful..Hope I can do something that fun for Sam next year!

Jenny said...

What a great party idea! Tell me you didn't make that cake! If you did, I need cake lessons! You are such a fun mom. Happy birthday Parker!

Carol said...

Happy 4th birthday Parker! Emily the cake turned out fabulous. You are amazing. I loved looking at all the pictures. Sure makes me miss Parker. He is so cute. I can't wait to see him at Christmas. Extra fancy with the fire fighter and fire truck. I think Parker will always remember his 4th birthday. Love you!

Neal and Mary said...

OK here goes, the picture of Parker and his cake totally looks like he is a cardboard poster, he is so cute. The games are great and you can really draw dogs good! I love Hannah at the table eating cake! Cute pictures of the kids with the fire truck. Great Job Emily!! Oh yea and Russ Too!!! You did a reat job on the fire truck cake. What a party. Wish I could have been there.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Emily
YOu did the family proud! It looks like such a great party. It looks like the kids had a great time, cake is adorable, games look fun and way to top it off with the firetruck.

Sam and Janiece said...

what a cute birthday party!

Maxwell Family said...

Looks like Parker had a really Fun 4th birthday.
Fire truck and ALL! Wow, I'm impressed with the whole theme idea, cake, games, party bags you rock girl!!! Parker and Hannah are lucky to have a MOM like you.