Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Scrapbooking vs. Digital Scrapbooking
In 2006, I decided to forgo scrapbooking and switch to slipping my pictures in an album. I scrapbooked the header and labeled the date and that's about it. Halfway through the year I started to miss scrapbooking and realized that with my new method I stopped journaling the stories and funny events. So I decided that I would switch back to scrapbooking and redo my album. I started . . . and then couldn't catch up. In 2007, I got really sick with Hannah and didn't do anything until Hannah was born. At the end of 2007, I was now 2 years+ behind. I still wanted to scrapbook my pictures so last month I set up a table in our house and scrapbooked all of 2006-2007. 103 pages later and I still have 2008 which leaves me with my question for all of you: How many of you are doing digital scrapbooking and do you like it better? I'd love to hear from any of you that have tried or are currently doing digital scrapbooking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I looked into doing digital but then realized what I love about scrapbooking is the actual putting it together part. not as fun online. easier though.
I have not had time to scrapbook since Owen was about 18 mos. (those darn twins!)
My hope is to be able to print out my blog, which counts as my journal and scrapbook, and make a book from that (from each year)! At least that is my plan. Who knows if it will actually work.
I am so far behind with whatever I do, it doesn't really matter what it is!
I am so impressed that you did 103 pages lately. That is so crazy! I'm not a scrapbooker, and I haven't tried the digital scrapbooking thing, but my friend recommended shutterfly.com so I think I'm going to try that route.
OK, I'm like a pretend scrap-booker. Which means I just glue-stick the picture and write a caption, and I'm still, well, years behind. But I do know some people who do blog-books. I think you arrange the pages and picture on-line, order it, and it comes, printed and bound, in the mail. If you are interested I can find out more about it for you.
I definately would be interested in finding out more about blog books. I pretty much use the same pictures and blog captions in my scrapbook.
We did a photo album for our Weber Family reunion and it turned out great! We used blurb.com. I am thinking of doing it for our family albums. I am way behind so I am going to finish up 2007 the way I normally do and then I think I'll go digital after that. I'll keep you posted!
http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook
Looks like a winner!
Post a Comment