Sunday, September 07, 2008

Weekend at Tahoe

My parents came up to watch Parker and Hannah so Russ and I could get a weekend away. We decided to take a trip to Lake Tahoe and do everything we normally couldn't do with the kids. The first day we went on the gondalas at Heavenly. It was such a beautiful view through the forest. At the top, Russ and I went on a few hikes. That evening we went out to dinner and to the movies. The next day we went to the beach and then swimming at the hotel pool. That evening we went to the temple. It was so nice to be able sleep in and not worry about the kids. It was such a fun weekend. Thanks Mom and Dad!


Pictures from the hike

12 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun thing for you guys to go and do. It is always nice when you can get away for any amount of time! Glad you guys had so much fun!

nevadavans said...

That is so awesome that you were able to have a weekend together! Hope you enjoyed Tahoe, that is one of our favorite places to play. We missed you guys at church! See you soon!

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Mom and Dad are the greatest! I'm glad you got to get away, you deserve it. Have a great week.
Love ya

Maxwell Family said...

I found your blog from Lisa's, I hope you don't mind...
I'm glad you had a nice weekend away, There is no place prettier then Tahoe!!!

Jen said...

Moms and Dads are the best! Glad you got to get away - and you couldn't be near a more perfect place to go!

Brooke said...

Those Gondolas are fun! How nice for you to get away from the kids. What would that be like? I no longer think that you are sinners now that you've made it to the temple!

Jaime said...

I am glad you guys were able to get some time away. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Steve and I are sure looking forward for our trip in Oct!!

Bobbi said...

That is so fun! I am jealous:) We will just have to move back closer to our families!

~*aShLi*~ said...

That looks so fun! Me and Michael will have to plan a trip this winter so we can all go snowboarding together!

The JL McGregor Family said...

What a dream! We sooo need to do that.

Neal and Mary said...

I don't know who had the most fun, you and Russ or Dad and I! Parker and Hannah were so darn cute we hated to leave. I couldn't believe we forgot to take the sand toys to the beach, but we gave them empty water bottles and they had fun filling them and dumping them..Thanks for trusting us with your kids.

Dobkins'z said...

Hey you. Janae sent me the link to you your blog. Your family is adorable.