Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another Beautiful Hike







At the end of the hike, I got stung by a yellow jacket in the back of the head.  I thought the camera strap was  pulling my hair so when I went to fix the problem I felt a yellow jacket tangled in my hair.  I tried really hard not to scream because Hannah is deathly afraid of bees and we just made a break through this summer (it's taken over a year) for her not to scream bloody murder when she saw anything that flies.  (She was stung by a yellow jacket on her toe last summer.) Russ untangled the yellow jacket out of my hair but I still felt a bump on my head.  Russ looked closer and saw that it left the stinger and its back end.  He pulled it out and I tried to act casual for Hannah but really felt like my head was on fire.  I went home and iced it and popped a few pills.  It was sore until the next morning but at least I know I'm not allergic.

No comments: