Helsingborg
On Thursday we went up to Helsingborg. First, we went to the Helsingborg castle. The architecture around the castle was really pretty. We climbed to the very top of the tower and had great views of the town and of Denmark!




The spiral stairs to the top of the tower that never ended!
Inside the castle was plain and empty but each room had a great history of what it was used for so you could envision life in the castle.
A different view of the castle looking up
Views from the top

We could see Kronborg "Hamlet's" Castle from the top of the tower.
Kronborg is famous for the setting of Shakespeare's "Hamlet." Very cool!
After the castle, we went through a few of the shops in the town square and stopped at the a bakery for a Selma Bun. Selma Buns are only available in Sweden after Christmas and before Easter. They were so delicious!

Then we went down to the harbor. It was freezing.
Another beautiful town hall
After Helsingborg, we went to the town Landskrona to see Rapunzel's Tower. Well, not really but I thought it looked just like the tower in Tangled! It used to be a water tower but was converted into apartments.

After our eventful morning, Mom and I went shopping in Lund to find souvenirs for Parker, Hannah and Olivia. Mom made me take a picture next to the Viking guy. I bought Parker a "true" viking shield and sword. Sweden has a very rich history of Vikings. I thought Parker would appreciate it especially since he loves the movie "How to Train your Dragon."
Of course I had to take a picture next to Mor Mor's Bakery. (FYI: All the grandkids call my mom Mor Mor.)
We shopped for a few hours and then went to the Young Single Adult Center that my parents are in charge of for their mission. I was able to meet all the YSA that my parents are over. Everyone was really nice and I could tell they really loved my parents. We cooked dinner and appetizers for everyone before Institute class. It was fun to see my parents in missionary mode and placing names with faces.

No comments:
Post a Comment