We went to Utah to spend Christmas with my family. We had a lot of fun and the kids loved playing with their cousins. We had an activity planned for each day. Here is a brief overlook of our trip with lots of pictures. I thought I'd let the pictures do most of the explaining.
Dinosaur Museum
Our first day we went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. We were hoping to see the Reindeer first but they didn't make their appearance until the evening so we enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate and a peppermint brownie instead.
Elsa and Parker standing under T-Rex
Olivia loved digging for bones
All the cousins
What a fun place!
Later that night we went to Michael and Ashli's for pizza. It was relaxing hanging out and watching the kids play.
Harley Davidson and Shopping
The next day we met together and had lunch at Harley Davidson. Carol was super nice and stayed home with Olivia since she was having a rough morning. We were able to enjoy lunch and look at all the cool bikes.
Conference Center and Temple Square
We picked up Russ's sister, Michelle, on Friday and headed to the Conference Center. Russ and I wanted to show the kids where the prophets spoke and the Salt Lake Temple. We took a tour of the building. Parker and Hannah loved the roof the best.

In the visitor center they a model of the Temple with a diorama of what the Temple looked like inside. It was very impressive.
We were all overwhelmed to try to attempt fighting the crowds at Temple Square to see the lights so we decided to drive around and look at the lights. Parker, Hannah and Olivia fell asleep and didn't see the lights and Russ got honked out at least 3 times in the short distance between the hotel and Temple Square. The lights were beautiful though.
Christmas Eve
We went to Jaime and Steve's for Christmas Eve. We started with appetizers: mini shredded pork sliders, blue-cheese wedges, avocado brushetta, cream cheese and salsa dip and chips and sugar cookies.
Mor Mor and Pa sent all the grandkids Santa Lucia costumes (our costumes came a little later). We thought it would be fun to do the Santa Lucia program. The kids were so cute and it brought back memories of going to Vasa every year watching the Lucia.
Next, everyone opened their pjs and slippers.
We watched a short movie on the Nativity and then had a dance party. All the kids really got into it!
Gracie read a few books to the kids which was super sweet.
We got back to Carol's place and put cookies and chocolate milk out for Santa.
Christmas Day
The much awaited day finally arrived and the kids were so excited to open their presents.
We had such a fun time visiting family and a very Merry Christmas!






4 comments:
Cute pictures! I especially love the one of Hannah dancing. That girl's got moves!
Great pictures Emily. I'm glad you had a great time. I love going to Utah. Hannah's hair is so blonde looking and LONG!! I love the hairstyle you did on the scavenger hunt---fancy fancy fancy!
I can't wait to see your quilt post.
Miss ya
So fun! We are so glad you guys came here for Christmas. It was fun spending time with you guys!
I loved spending time with you for Christmas! The house seemed so empty when you left. I miss you guys tons and tons!
Post a Comment