My 30th birthday happened to fall on Mother's Day this year. It was such a great day and I felt spoiled the entire time. Russ started the day by making breakfast (eggs, toast, yogurt) and had flowers and a mother's day present on the table. It was such a surprise since I knew we were going to have a family party after church. Parker and Hannah made cards and pictures and kept saying "Happy Mother's Day" all morning.
After church, Russ and the kids decorated the cake (if you notice there is a line down the middle marking Parker and Hannah's section to decorate. I thought it was cute especially since they only wanted a slice from their side) and Russ made dinner. We had an appetizer of corn dogs and an entree of spaghetti and meatballs.
It was sweet of Russ to make dinner and the spaghetti was very delicious!
Present Time
My family got together and gave me 30 of their favorite things (i.e. Oprah's Favorite things). It was such a fun present to open. Each one was wrapped super cute and had a note attached telling me why it's their favorite thing. I loved everything!!!
Completely spoiledParker, Hannah and Olivia gave me a folding table for scrapbooking and vinyl projects which I'll use all the time. And then Russ's gift...
a whole new summer wardrobe!
It was such a great day and will be very memorable. Thank you all for the cards, presents, birthday money, and birthday messages:)
It completely made my day and helped make 30 less painful.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday and Mother's Day. It looks like you had a great day!
That is an awesome 30th birthday!! Did Russ pick those clothes out? If so he deserves MAJOR points for that one:) I'm glad you had a great day!
Russ gave my sister gift cards to pick out all the clothes so I would have something to open instead of a gift card from him. I loved it especially since everything fit and I didn't have to go around finding deals and trying things on.
Happy Birthday! I'm with you on the 30th birthday thing being kinda depressing! What a fun way to celebrate though.
What a wonderful birthday! Very sweet! Happy 30!
Post a Comment