Wednesday, March 02, 2011

It's a Popcorn Day

Last Friday, we had a big snow storm which turned into a snow day for Parker. Normally we build snowmen, tunnels, snow cones and break out the beach toys but Hannah had a fever for a few days during the week and Parker had a terrible rash that we've been trying to get under control so we had to stay indoors. Plus it was super windy and cold.
Anyway, the kids were stir crazy and driving me crazy so I told them if they calmed down we would have a popcorn day after lunch. They were so excited. Popcorn day consisted of making popcorn balls, a popcorn craft and a movie with popcorn.
The kids helped me mix it together and then I formed the balls while they did their craft.
Popcorn tree

We set up a comfy "fort" for the movie and popcorn.
The finished popcorn balls. We all enjoyed our treat after dinner except for Hannah. Sadly, she was sent to her room which would take a whole nother blog entry to explain. (She was able to eat it the next day after lunch.)


4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Those look delicious! I am now gonna have to do a popcorn tree with the girls. . they ask for a craft every day, so I am always in need of news ones :)

The Marlatt's said...

You are such a good mommy!! The popcorn balls look delicious! I can't wait to hear what Hannah did:/

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Ha ha about Hannah! Such a cute idea. Those popcorn balls look yummy!

Miss and love you!!

Jenny said...

That makes me laugh about Hannah not being able to eat hers because ironically I just spent the last half an hour listening to Callie yell and cry from her room because we didn't sing any bedtime songs (long story). It's so hard to stick to the punishment and not waver when you feel like you're the one being punished! :)

Love the popcorn day idea. I will have to use that one.