Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nice!

I finally put Olivia down for a nap and decided to use my time by updating my blog. Hannah and Parker were playing in Hannah's room and all was well. . .

And then Parker came out and asked if Hannah could use some nail polish. I said no only mommy painted Hannah's nails. That should have been the first clue that the kids were in my bathroom. Parker came out 5 minutes later and said, "Hannah did this by herself." My first thought was nail polish and then I saw this . . . chopped bangs and lipstick smeared all over her face. I couldn't hold it in and just started laughing. Hannah started to cry because she hates to be laughed at. I told her it was okay and only mommy cuts her bangs!

The sad thing about this is the end of August my whole family is going to my parents mission farewell and we're getting family pictures. Nice timing! I guess I'll have to play with headbands to cover what has been done.


9 comments:

Sam and Janiece said...

Oh WOW! I think every little girl does this at one point in her life.

Jared said...

savannah did that a while back. seems like a girl initiation thing!!

Jennifer said...

Wow, she got her bangs good, didn't she?! LOL! Glad you got a good laugh and are up beat about it.

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

Rebecca - that's exactly what I thought! I put her in overalls with bare feet for when Russ got home to make the look complete.

Jen said...

I thought Kenna did a good job on her bangs - but Hannah definitely wins the contest. Wow. I don't know how you didn't cry! Can't wait to see updated pictures of how you are "dealing" with the hillbilly look. She's still cute - but like Russ said today on the phone - it definitely changes her look! He couldn't stop laughing when I talked to him. I think you guys probably both laughed so you wouldn't cry! Luckily it is "just" hair - so it will grow back - eventually!

Carol said...

OH MY GOSH...that is the craziest bang job I've ever seen. Good thing Hannah is so cute!I would for sure do the headband thing. I would slick her bangs (what is left) back and stick a headband. You can still do braids and pig tails. She only messed with her bangs, right??? Good luck :)

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness! This post made my day and I had to laugh out loud. The pictures are classic and she is still so cute. I'm glad the sleep deprivation allowed you to laugh at her instead of cry. I'm glad she didn't get the rest of her hair. I'm sure the headband thing will be cute.

Brooke said...

Yowzah! Good Luck!

Bobbi said...

Hahaha! You are so funny that you put her in overalls and bare feet!