A very horrible thing happened a few weeks ago . . . we spotted a mouse in our garage! I hate mice. I think they are gross and disgusting and do not tolerate them at all. Russ thought instead of killing the mouse he'd let it go out with Lucy. Once Russ opened the door from the garage to the backyard, Lucy caught the mouse in her mouth but then lost it. She was off to a good ol' fashioned chase. Problem solved.
A week went by and I was cleaning the kitchen. The kids were playing in the backyard and I had all the windows open enjoying the Fall breeze when I saw a mouse crawl along the cabinets and jet behind the refrigerator. Well that was the end for me. I gathered the kids and went to my friends house for the rest of the afternoon until Russ came home and set traps. There was no way I was going to stay in a house with a mouse running around.
Russ came home and set the traps and caught it! He then put poison in the garage and in the crawl space. I felt better. And then . . . four days later I smelt something rank. Another mouse had found the poison and crawled into the heating vents and died and was now rotting.
Of course, I called Russ and let him know he needed to get the mouse out of the vent! That night he went to Home Depot and bought a full body suit, mask and gloves. He took our shop vac and completely vacuumed our crawl space and taped two spots with metal tape where he suspected the mice were getting in. The problem has really been solved this time. The smell is gone and the crawl space completely cleaned. What a great hubby to go to those lengths to make me feel secure in our house again.


10 comments:
Icky, icky, icky!
Remember when we had that mouse splitting it's time between our apartments? I'm glad Russ caught that one, too! (And that we haven't had another since!)
Ahhh what a good husband. Mice don't bother me...it's snakes and there are a lot of them in texas!!!
I hate mice too! What a good husband to do that. Hope you guys are doing well!
Sweet suit!
What a sweetie. We had mice in our home in Idaho. They seemed to like our rice. We set poison and that seemed to do the trick. But we went through a lot of poison. I think there must have been a lot of mice under the house. The thought of it makes me sick. I keep picturing Pixar's Ratatouille. Yikes!! Glad you guys seem to have it taken care of. Love the suit, BTW.
Russ you are the greatest! Em, I'm with you....I can't stand mice running around. It completely freaks me out.
Russ that is unacceptable. you look like the guy off of the postal service video such great heights.
glad to see your doing your honey do's though. I should have told you about the poison thing.. thats bad stuff.. the mice find it and they die in your vents or worse as you know and if your children find it they will be halucinating for a week.
Take Care and We Love you guys,
Jim C.
Yikes! I hate mice too! I'm glad the problem is solved and love Russ's outfit!
Wow Russ. Love the suit. Definitely a good husband to get down and do the dirty work so your family can live without stench. I have to laugh at that suit, though. I knew you had gone under the house - but didn't realize the whole suit action you had going on. BTW... there are no mice in Georgia! Just FYI. ;o)
EEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!! What a good little hubby :)
Post a Comment