Thursday, September 03, 2009

Shopping with Kids

The other day I was grocery shopping at Trader Joe's (where it seems like not a lot of kids go to this store) but there are a few ingredients that we like to get that are only at Trader Joe's. Anyway, we decided to pick out a fun treat from the cracker isle and headed that way. Here's the conversation as we enter the cracker isle:
Parker: Hannah you're a cracker.
Hannah: No I'm not! Parker's a cracker.
Parker: Nooo...you're a cracker.
Hannah: No! I'M NOT YOU ARE A CRACKER.
Mommy: Shh YOU'RE both crackers, now let's go!
I didn't realize what I had said until the lady behind me and the man next to me stopped shopping and slyly looked at the mom calling her kids crackers. Oops.

3 comments:

Deidra said...

I love it! My nephew has been learning sign, so I love to have him sign "cracker" and tell him he's a cracker. He's in the "No, you're a..." stage, so I have fun with that one, too! :)

red patch ♥ family said...

hahahha..that's pretty funny :)

Neal and Mary said...

Kids say the darndest things. So did they get any crackers!!