Russ and I put to the test if it's the tone kids listen to when they are in trouble or the actual punishment. Here's the story . . . We were all driving to take advantage of Sonic's happy hour when Parker gave Hannah his tape measurer. She happily took it and wouldn't give it back. Parker started to cry. I told him, "Parker if you give it to Hannah, you can't just take it back. She gets to play with it now, so the next time, don't give it to her if you don't want her to have it." Well he started to cry more. Russ chimed in and said, "Parker I will turn around if you don't stop crying." Parker stopped for a moment and then that's when Russ got the idea. He said, "I wonder if it's just the tone I say it in or actually the punishment that makes Parker stop crying." Well Parker started up again and Russ said, "Parker, if you don't stop crying, I will put the tires in the garage!" in a nice, stern voice. Parker stopped immediately and said, "Okay daddy." Russ and I had a hard time trying not to laugh but we can now say, "It's the tone!"
Friday, November 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Cute story! You'll have to write that one in Parker's scrapbook. Sorry I missed your class on blogging, I didn't know until it was too late. Let me know if you teach another one sometime, I would love to come.
that is hilarious!
That is so funny! Mean ol' uncle Russ!
That is so funny! I love it! we do that with Lucy all the time, and it is so funny.
That is so funny! We need to try this with Sam!
You guys are a crack up! Leave it to an engineer to think of that. I love the music and your new background!
Cute!! The tone doesn't work on me, I guess they are used to it by now. Darn! Time-outs and bribes tend to work a little better around here :-)
I love this! It's seriously the joys/funnies of parenthood. Not to mention you could write your own psychology book!
Post a Comment