During the summer my friend Alison and I taught mini classes about the different countries around the world to our kids. It was so much fun and I hope we do it again next summer! We took turns hosting and were able to fit in 4 countries.
Alison hosted the first country:
France
Lesson Plan:
French Crepes for Lunch
Locate France on the map and talk about the French Flag
Discuss the famous painters from France and paint own masterpieces
Build Eiffel towers with Legos
Learn Frere Jacques and French words
Painting Masterpieces
Building Eiffel Towers with Legos
I did the second country:
Sweden
Lesson Plan:
Eat Swedish Meatballs and boiled potatoes for lunch
Learn about and eat Semla Buns
Make the Swedish Flag
Talk about the traditions of The Lucia
Dance around the Maypole
My mom and dad sent Lucia costumes from Sweden to all my brother and sisters at Christmas time so we played dress up with them. Everyone took turns being the Lucia and acting out the program.
Dancing around the Maypole
Alison taught
Mexico
Lesson Plan:
Eat Quesidillas for lunch
Learn about the landmarks in Mexico by coloring a Mexican Quilt
Play "I Spy" with Spanish words
Pinata
Coloring and putting together Mexican quilts.
Pinata
I taught
China
Lesson Plan:
Eat orange chicken, rice, sesame seed snap peas, candy sushi, and fortune cookies.
Learn about chopsticks and basic cooking ingredients from China
Talk about the Great Wall of China, Flag, and the Giant Panda
Giant Panda craft
Learn about Chinese and draw names in Chinese symbols
The kids loved playing together and learning about the different countries of the world. They were even giving suggestions on what country we should do next.



















3 comments:
That was such fun! We really enjoyed learning! Must repeat next summer!
That is a great idea. I'm going to do that with my girls next summer!
What a great idea! It looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment