Hannah turned 5 last Thursday! On her birthday we made little goody bags for her friends at her ballet class and then went out to dinner to McDonald's. When we got home she opened her presents from both grandparents, her great grandma and Aunt Carol. She was so excited and loved everything!
On Saturday, she had a Ballerina themed party. It was so fun to plan the party with Hannah which included a lot of purple and pink! In fact, while we were decorating, I decided to move the piano so it looked more like a stage in our house and Hannah said, "Mommy, I really think we should paint the piano pink. It will be a princess pink piano and everyone will love it!"
When the girls arrived, they started on their craft. They decorated a heart-shaped picture framed with stickers and jewels. They each got a tutu that my mom and I made and when they were finished we took their picture (for the frame).
After their craft, we started with the first game. It was called Freeze Dance. I had all the girls pretend they were on stage at a Dance Recital. I played a little tune on the piano and while the music played they had to dance like a ballerina. When the music stopped, they had to freeze. They had a lot of fun dancing to the fast and slow songs.
Next was musical chairs set to The Nutcracker
Midway through the party, we had a special guest arrive. I asked one of my piano students if she could come and dance for the girls and teach them a few steps. She started dancing at age 3. She did an amazing job and all the girls loved her!
Here is a short clip of her dancing. (Sorry for the jumpy video clip. I'm still learning how to take videos on my flip.) I thought it was cute how attentive all the little ballerinas were watching her dance. Even Olivia sat quietly!
After her dance, she had all the ballerina's come to the stage and gave them a ballet lesson. She was an excellent teacher! The girls watched closely and tried every step and position.
I loved this one! Maddy is doing a beautiful ballet split (sorry can't remember the technical term) and all the girls are really trying to copy it. I know in their heads they look just like Maddy!
After the dance lesson, we sang Happy Birthday to Hannah and had cake and ice cream.
Next Hannah opened all her presents!
We played a few more games and then Maddy ended the party with another beautiful dance. I couldn't resist this picture - all the girls lay down on their tummy's to watch the dance.


















4 comments:
Seriously, what a fun, perfectly planned, perfectly executed! Love the cake, precious decorations - it was awesome. I'm hiring you for my next little girl party. :)
Seriously, what a fun, perfectly planned, perfectly executed! Love the cake, precious decorations - it was awesome. I'm hiring you for my next little girl party. :)
You put so much time, effort, and creativity into her party! The cake looks amazing. Everything must have taken hours and hours of planning from the tutus to the cake to the decorations, etc. I love that you had one of your piano students come dance for the girls. I'm sure that is something they will not be forgetting anytime soon.
And p.s. I love that Olivia was sitting on Hannah's shoulder in your other post and they were both so nonchalant about it. And I love that Russ makes a mean bread bowl. And I loved Olivia's bed head. Okay, I think that's all.
Miss ya!
One more thing. You look so cute in the picture with your birthday cake. Love the shirt and the hair/bangs!
Post a Comment