Saturday, February 04, 2012

Sweden Trip Part 1

My parents are serving a mission in Sweden. Since mission rules are a little different for Senior couples than Elders, senior couples can have their family visit them during their mission. It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up! Unfortunately, I could only afford a ticket for the dead of winter but decided it was a risk I was willing to take. I'm glad I did because the weather didn't stop us from traveling all around Southern Sweden and Denmark. It was so good to see my parents after 17 months and we had such a fun time!


Between my mom and I we took a ton a pictures . . . like 1,150. I've tried to pick out the best of everywhere we went. It's taking forever to go through so many so keep checking the blog for more updates. Here is the first 2 days.


I flew into Denmark on Saturday. My parents kept me up until 7:30 p.m. (which was really 4:30 a.m. my body time). After a 12 hour sleep, we went to church on Sunday. It was nice to meet the ward members and all the young single adults my parents are over. After church, Mom and Dad showed me around Lund where they live and then we went to dinner to one of their favorite families.


LUND


Grand Hotel

Lund Kyrka (church)
I loved all the cute cobbled-stone streets and colorful houses.

Dome Kyrka

This is the main church in Lund

The inside was beautiful.



Astronomical Clock




Malmo


On Monday we spent the day in Malmo


Malmo Library


The glass building behind us is still the library. It was huge!
Right next to the library was the cutest park for kids. I thought of Parker, Hannah and Olivia. They would have loved it!
A rainbow slide and if you look in the distance, you can see the turning torso.
We walked through a beautiful park. The weather was so clear and calm.
I love this windmill. I have a ton of pictures of this windmill but just included this one. We walked right up to it.
Town Hall
Trolls are good luck in Sweden.
Cute picture of Dad playing in the band. St. Peters church





Malmo Slott (castle)

The purpose for this castle was to defend Sweden from Denmark so it had a dark, dungeon feeling to it.



The motte around the castle. I couldn't believe how green everything was in the middle of January.


Cannons

Next to the Castle was the Malmo Museum.





Turning Torso


There are pieces of art all around Swedish towns. I wanted to show this one since it had the turning torso in the background.



Enjoying a Falafel after our long walk around Malmo. It was such a beautiful scenery while we ate.
We took a walk through the forest next to a frozen lake . . . and castle. Hackeberg Castle

4 comments:

sarahkat said...

I love that the Lundwalls are serving in a place called Lund.
Also, your pictures are so gorgeous and it looks like you had a great trip!

nevadavans said...

Emily, what an awesome trip! That is so neat. What a fun trip and to experience it with your parents. That is awesome and I look forward to more pictures!

Brooke said...

Glad you could visit your parents! Isn't Europe amazing?

Alli said...

I was hoping you would post pictures of your trip soon! It looks like you had a fabulous time and I am so glad that you could see so many things. I can't believe how green it is in the dead of winter. And mom looks amazing!!