Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Trick or Treat

We went to Genoa for trick or treating this year. They had a hayride for the kids and drove them to a little neighborhood. At first it was a little crazy but once all the kids spread out over the neighborhood it was fun. Olivia walked up to the first 6 houses and then was tuckered out. Parker and Hannah were troopers though.



















If you look next to the fairy you'll see the huge bubbles she's creating. It was pretty cool.

We walked through the neighborhood and ended up at the park entrance. Russ thought it would be fun to walk through the “spooky forest.” He told the kids to watch for ghosts and then he took a picture and said he found one. The kids weren’t scared but very interested. As he was showing them the picture we heard rustling in the bushes. I looked over and saw a deer prancing through the park! Russ kept taking pictures of it and making its eyes glow. I think I was probably the most scared out of the bunch. I told the kids to stay close and let’s get out of here. And then I heard more rustling ahead of us. I was sure there was a family of deer in front of us and we would be surrounded in the “spooky forest” but to my relief it was a vampire walking through. We picked up our pace and made it safely to the car.







When we got home, the kids had mummy dogs and then dug into their candy!




Russ and I had "Dinner in a Pumpkin" but I started it after we went trick or treating so we didn't actually eat until 9:30 that night. It was kind of nice though since the kids were in bed and we could eat our dinner in peace and quiet while we watched The Others.





No comments: