This summer I've been working on a few projects. The first one is an outside playhouse for the kids. I found a very "well used" one on craigslist for a good price and bought it. Russ picked it up for me and wasn't too thrill when he saw it plus he realized he would have to take it apart to bring it home. But I promised it would become a great house for the kids
At this point I will say I was feeling a little discouraged and maybe that I had wasted my money but I told Russ if he put it together I would paint it.
Finished Cottage
The paint colors where inspired by what we had left over in our cabinet. It took 3 coats of beige and 2 coats of white. I found little pillows at the dollar store for their benches and a left over curtain for their kitchen curtains.
Project number 2 was inspired by a wooden spool I spotted while picking Russ up from work. They had several just sitting there next to the recycling bin so we loaded up six (of course we got permission just in case). I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them-an outside table for the playhouse:)
I painted them red and then used the stuffing from an old pillow for the top. I covered them with material I had purchase on clearance several months go which was intended for Roman curtains for my kitchen but I found that project too overwhelming and was happy to find another purpose for my purchase! I then bought plastic from Joanns so they would be somewhat waterproof. I found this coffee table on, of course, craigslist to complete the look.
At this point I will say I was feeling a little discouraged and maybe that I had wasted my money but I told Russ if he put it together I would paint it.
Finished Cottage
The paint colors where inspired by what we had left over in our cabinet. It took 3 coats of beige and 2 coats of white. I found little pillows at the dollar store for their benches and a left over curtain for their kitchen curtains.
Project number 2 was inspired by a wooden spool I spotted while picking Russ up from work. They had several just sitting there next to the recycling bin so we loaded up six (of course we got permission just in case). I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them-an outside table for the playhouse:)
I painted them red and then used the stuffing from an old pillow for the top. I covered them with material I had purchase on clearance several months go which was intended for Roman curtains for my kitchen but I found that project too overwhelming and was happy to find another purpose for my purchase! I then bought plastic from Joanns so they would be somewhat waterproof. I found this coffee table on, of course, craigslist to complete the look.
I'm happy this project is done and that the kids enjoy it, however, I never want to paint again!





5 comments:
CUTE!!!!!! You are so creative! I love it!
Those chairs are awesome, will you come and visit so you can help me with all my unfinished (and unstarted) projects!
It looks great!! It reminds me of Pres Uchtdorf's talk on creating.
You did such a great job!
Wow! Those are awesome! Way to go Emily!
Post a Comment