Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

We started our Easter festivities by going to Russ's work party. Hannah was so excited to show the Easter bunny that she also had bunny ears and couldn't wait to hear what he was going to say. He thought it was really cool and then did the bunny hop with her and Parker. Hannah couldn't quite get over his voice though-she thought it sounded like he was going to cry.

Thursday night I picked up my sister, Carol. We went out to dinner and did some shopping which is always fun. On Friday we went on another Easter egg hunt that my neighbor hosted. The kids had a great time finding eggs and when the hunt was over, she gathered all the numbered eggs and told the Easter story.




While she told the story of Christ, she had the kids color and eat their candy. Parker drew Lucy.




AND then on Saturday we went to the community Easter egg hunt. It's always amazing to see hundreds of eggs scattered everywhere and then gone in less than 30 seconds!




Parker seriously ate all of his candy by the time we got home (a 2 minute drive).


Saturday afternoon we dyed Easter eggs. I didn't mix the red or pink dye right so we had an array of blue, green and yellows.





Easter morning the kids found their baskets and all the eggs the Easter Bunny left. We ate a breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls and enjoyed the morning.








Even Lucy got a present from the Easter bunny (thanks carol!) A picture of Parker horking down his chocolate bunny.

Carol and I made these cute little chick cake pops for my Sunday School class. I thought they turned out really cute!





After church, Carol took our family picture around our area (which I'll post later) and then we came home and made Easter dinner. Russ's friend Rigel came over too. Our menu was Chicken Cordon Bleu, asparagus and mashed potatoes.


For dessert we did a spin on my sister-in-law's Strawberry delight and made it into double-decker cupcakes. Yummy!

Rigel referred to Olivia as Oliver so when I changed her into her pajamas I made sure she had the biggest flower and tutu on so he wouldn't make that mistake again. He couldn't get over how ridiculous she looked but at least she was girly!

On Monday we went to a few lookouts at the lake. It was windy but clear and still beautiful.







I love this picture of Parker. He was so fascinated with the waves crashing on the rocks.

It was so fun having Carol spend Easter with us. She's always so helpful and the kids love playing with her. We had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Neal and Mary said...

I loved all your pictures. I will say you are amazing with your cooking and cute treats for your SS class. I loved all the bunny ones at the park. Hannah is at such a cute age for all the holidays. Olivia is so cute, it is hard to miss the baby age for us as they grow so fast. Carol just makes everything fun at the holidays.
You can go to my blog I have tons on it.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Emily...I love the cake pops. So darn cute. Glad you had a fun easter. Miss you.