Saturday, March 26, 2011

Kitchen Aid


Sadly my kitchen aid broke. I use my kitchen aid almost daily. My parents gave it to Russ and I for our wedding so it's had nearly 8 years of constant use.

The kids and I were making bread and the mixer stopped and made a horrible sound. The last few times we made bread it struggled but it made it through-this time it was toast. Russ called the kitchen aid hotline and they said we could send it in and have someone look at it for $35 and then tell us what was wrong and how much that would cost (not including shipping).

Good thing I'm married to a mechanical engineer. Just by listening to the kitchen aid, Russ thought he knew what was wrong.

Once he took it apart, he was right-one of the gears had busted. He looked online and it's a common problem with kitchen aid. They make a gear that will break before it breaks the motor. Russ found the gear online plus more grease AND


FIXED IT!
I was so happy that I have a functioning kitchen aid again. I realized I was pretty attached to my red one and didn't want to get a new one. I'm amazed that Russ knew how to take it apart and put it back again. He's amazing!! Oh and Russ got everything he needed for $35 which is what they wanted just to look at it. Bonus.

3 comments:

The Crisps said...

saweeeet! Isn't it awesome to have a husband who knows how to fix things!? I have the same red kitchen aid and I love it! I am impressed that it lasted 8 years with using it that much. That gives me hope that mine will keep on truckin. And I don't use it near that much.. Your family is lucky!

red patch ♥ family said...

that is awesome! I want a kitchen aide so badly! one day i will get one! Glad you have a hubby who is a handy man :)

Shelley said...

Dude, that's cool. Way to go, Russ!