I know, I know it's corny. I just couldn't resist since I've been "nesting" for the past month and I have a picture of Russ in a tree!
Anyway, the story is Russ has been wanting to cut down our tree in the backyard since we moved into our house. The tree's roots grew into the crawl space and has lifted up our patio. He finally had a Saturday to do it. He first started to use a hand saw which took a lot of effort and time.

He decided to borrow a chainsaw which was much better plus his friend, Robbe, came over with a chainsaw to help. Between the both of them, the tree came down in no time. Parker was glued to the window most of the day and even set up a chair and snacks to watch.

The next week, Russ spent the time to chop up the wood and put into piles. On Thursday, one of the guys at work picked up half the load to burn in his fireplace. Saturday, Russ finished the job by taking the limbs to the dump. The next step is to rot the stump and pull it out which will take about a year but our yard already looks so much better now that it's gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment