Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lion

Easter of 2006 Parker got his favorite animal in his Easter basket - Big Lion. He's been his comfort animal ever since. A few months ago, Big Lion got a hole next to his leg and progressively got bigger. Soon Lion's stuffing was all over our house, Mor mor and Pa's and his friends.

On Saturday, I finally thought it was time to fix the hole. It was a big moment for Parker and Hannah. We put more stuffing in Lion and sewed the hole. All he needed was a good wash in the washing machine. We loaded the machine with a bunch of Parker and Hannah's animals and Parker placed Lion on top. Well . . . after they went to bed, we pulled out the animals to air dry and saw that Lion had a huge rip up his back! Was it worth saving?



Of course, he was! I spent the night hand stitching Lion back together. Parker was so happy to see Lion in the morning and was really curious about all the stitching down his back. He kept asking us if the washing machine did it. Now we will have to reassure that his animals will be safe when they go into the washing machine!


3 comments:

Bobbi said...

Those are such cute pictures of Parker!! I love how little he is. . . good job on the sewing and for saving Lion's life!

Hansenblog said...

Yes...totally worth saving. I can't imagine Parker without lion. Way to go girl.

The Crisps said...

What a good Momma!