Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Conference Reverence Tent

In the October issue of the Friend, one of the articles suggest to build a reverence tent to watch Conference. Parker and I went to the store the night before and stocked up on snacks and had crafts ready to help listen to Conference. Well it was a good idea but not the most effective for a 3 and 1 year old. Parker was so excited about the tent he wouldn't stop talking. When we told him to be quiet and listen to the prophet, he would continue talking in a whisper. Hannah went in the tent once and that was it. She didn't want to have anything to do with it. We still had a good time but will probably save this idea for when the kids are a little older.


3 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey at least you put forth the effort. I preety much let Trey do his thing and listened to conference in another room!

Brooke said...

I also can't type the word pretty.

Bobbi said...

I am glad you commented on my blog, I thought you had gone public with your blog, so I put it on my feed list! So I am glad that I decided to check it out anyway--I CANNOT believe how much hair that little Hannah has!! The reverent tent was such a cute idea, one of our friends sent us a conference packet online to use to help the kids want to listen--like pictures of all the apostles/prophets that had their ties blank and you watched to see what color of tie they wore, and then colored it. But it seemed more distracting than helpful at least to a 3 and 1 year old!