We've had a full month of activities already this December. First, we decided to cut down our Christmas tree in South Lake Tahoe Forest. It was quite the adventure. We got a permit from the Forest Service and started searching the area in the truck. We'd pull over and Russ would scout the area for the perfect Christmas tree. After searching for about an hour we finally found it. We all hiked out to the spot and watched Russ cut it down. Unfortunately, it was freezing so once he chopped it down, the kids and I hiked back to the truck where it was warm. Russ had the job of dragging the tree back to the truck. While we waited, Hannah had a complete blow-out which I had to change in a cramped cab. I only brought extra diapers and not extra clothes so she had to spend the rest of the trip in her diaper. (I did bring extra blankets, so she was warm enough.) It was worth the trip after we brought the tree home and decorated it.
Parker and I went to a light parade that night in Gardnerville. Parker thought it was so fun to see the lights and wave to the people on the floats. The pictures of Santa and the kids are from Russ's work party. Parker wasn't quite sure what to think and wanted off Santa's lap almost immediately. It probably didn't help that the kid in front of us started crying like crazy when it was his turn to see Santa.
4 comments:
Emily,
I love your pictures. You guys are such a cute little family. I'm impressed by the effort you went to to get a Christmas tree, and the finished product is beautiful! Happy Holidays!
Jenny Friden
Glad to see proof that you didn't cut down an extremely huge tree. It looks great! We miss having you guys next door.
Cute, cute pictures. Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving and are off to a good start for Christmas. Wish you guys weren't so far away! We would love to play! Miss you guys!!
You have so much fun!! I love the pictures---your kids are soo cute! It looks like great minds think alike--Claire and Hannah have the same Christmas dresses:) We got you Christmas card--we love it.
Post a Comment