We went to Ridgecrest to celebrate the fourth of July with my parents. We had a lot of fun and packed everything we could into the day. We started the day bright and early at 7:00 a.m. by attending the church flag ceremony. It was a treat to hear Dad sing "God Bless America" and meet up with old ward members.
After enjoying the traditional donuts and milk at the church we headed back to the house where we fed and petted the fish in the pond and rode on my Dad's train through the backyard. After riding the train we decided to cool off by going swimming.
In the afternoon, Parker and Hannah took naps while Russ, Dad and I went to Transformers. When we got home, we had a barbeque and got ready for Fireworks at the fairgrounds. It was a marathon of a day but we sure had a lot of fun.
1 comment:
Russ and Emily, it's Jen (Russell) Parkin! I found you guys through a link on Ryan's blog from a link on my brother Jimmie's blog (I don't know if that makes sense or not, sorry). Anyway, your kids are so cute! Congratulations on Hannah, she's a doll and I love all of her hair. My little girl Olivia is 17 months and still pretty bald, so I'm jealous. Anyway, I'm glad that I found you guys.
Post a Comment